The American Industrial Hygiene Association is pleased to announce the call for applications for the exclusive 2018 Future Leaders Institute which will be held at the Marriott Marquis in Washington, D.C., Sept. 21-23.
Attending the Future Leaders Institute is an exclusive professional development opportunity for young IH and OH professionals who want to strengthen their leadership skills. The Future Leaders Institute (FLI) focuses on strengthening the leadership skills of young Industrial Hygienist and OEHS professionals. The program is designed for young professionals with 3 – 15 years of applied work experience.
FLI focuses on four main areas: interpersonal perspectives, organizational perspectives, collaborative and teamwork efforts, and managing the future.
Participants will actively participate in workshops in order to develop an understanding of and leverage their strengths, interact with different personalities and work styles, and understand best practices for effective managers and leaders. FLI students will also receive training in strategic decision making, integrate EHS and IH into key business priorities, and increase their scope of influence and contributions as an OEHS professional.
- Experience in leadership/management positions related to work, personal life or volunteer activities (AIHA or non-AIHA)
- Recognition and endorsement of the candidate as a future leader by his/her organization or institution
- Demonstrated accomplishments in professional and/or civic settings
- Recipient of awards and/or recognitions
- Submitted Statement of Interest
This application and all supplemental materials are due March 16, 2018. Please submit your supplemental materials (reference letter, resume/CV, and statement of interest) to Thursa Pecoraro at email@example.com.